Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Laziness


My definition of a lazy person is: a person who does only the things she enjoys doing, and doesn't do the things she doesn't enjoy doing.  I do my best to be as lazy as I can be.  After all, what is life for if not to enjoy myself?  To be really lazy takes some planning.  If you just leave things undone at random, you often end up making more work for yourself later, or you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation.

I set up my life so that the things that really need to be done are the things I like doing.  I try to leave out the things that I dislike.  For example:
  • I don't like motors, so I don't use them.
  • I love gardening, so I grow my own food.
  • I don't like working for someone else, so I keep my cash needs as low as possible.
  • I don't like housework, so I live in a tiny house.
In the winter I need to spend 10 hours a week at a paying job, and about 2 hours a day on work at home.  Even if I count in the chores at home that I actually enjoy doing, it still only adds up to about 4 hours a day.  That leaves me tons of lazy time, to do the things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment