Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mowing the lawn


We don't maintain a lot of lawn.  In general, a lawn seems like a lot of unnecessary work.  However, we do like to have short grass in a couple of areas.  Near the picnic table, for example, we keep the grass mowed to reduce the mosquito population.  For this, I use my Lee Valley push mower.  Our living mowers keep the grass on the rest of the property at a reasonable height.

Around the garden, inside the fence that keeps the living lawn mowers out, it's nice to be able to walk around easily.  Also, the garden vegetables seem menaced, as well as shaded, by six-foot high grass and weeds beside them.  To cut this, I need my favourite lawn mower of all:

1 comment:

  1. ..hehe. I was out using my scythe the other week too when my whipper snipper was on the fritz..It works well for lighter grasses but the thick stuff is impossible to get through! It is hard to trim around rocks with it too ;)

    If that lawnmower ever breaks you might need a lawn-moooooer.

    ReplyDelete